The National Youth Council (NYC) is the primary body representing the youth members of Scouts Australia at a National level. It makes recommendations directly to the National Team on a range of issues affecting Scouting in Australia, the issues of young people, plus a range of other topics. The National Youth Council consists of 27 members who each serve a three year term. We have members from all corners of Australia, aged between 13 and 26.
The only Leader on the Council is the National Youth Council Adviser, who acts in a Leader support and advisory role, much like a Rover Adviser. The Council is separated into four patrols, and further topic patrols (Dependant on amount of topics for discussion), each researching and writing recommendations on their own topics. Every member (except the Chair, Vice Chair and Adviser) is part of a patrol and the Patrol Leaders, along with the Council Chair, Vice Chair, and Adviser, make up the NYC Executive.
Through being a member of the National Youth Council, you can also have the ability to be the NYC’s Appointment to:
- The Scouts Australia Environment Team (Elected)
- The Scouts Australia International Team (Elected)
- The Scouts Australia Training Team (Elected)
- The Scouts Australia Adventurous Activities Team (Elected)
- The National Finance Committee (Appointed through Application)
- Other Teams that come and go.